These terms and conditions apply to all our services directly or indirectly (through distributors) made available online, by email or by telephone. By accessing, browsing and using our website and/or by completing a provisional meeting room, accommodation, tour or any other activity booking or instant quote enquiry, you acknowledge and agree to have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions set out below.
Our service is free of charge to meeting room/accommodation bookers. Unlike many other parties, we will not charge you for our service or add any additional (reservation) fees.Scope of our Service
Through this website we (Conference.place) provide an online platform through which hotels, conference venues and other meeting room providers can advertise their meeting rooms for reservation, and through which visitors to the website can make provisional bookings or instant quote enquiries. From the point at which you make your provisional booking or instant quote, we act solely as an intermediary between you and the hotel or conference venue, transmitting the details of your provisional booking or instant quote to the relevant hotel or conference venue and sending you a confirmation email for and on behalf of the hotel or conference venue.
When rendering our services, the information that we disclose is based on the information provided to us by the hotels and conference venues. Although we will use reasonable skill and care in performing our services we will not verify if, and cannot guarantee that, all information is accurate, complete or correct, nor can we be held responsible for any errors (including manifest and typographical errors), any interruptions (whether due to any (temporary and/or partial) breakdown, repair, upgrade or maintenance of our website or otherwise), inaccurate, misleading or untrue information or non-delivery of information. Each hotel or conference venue remains responsible at all times for the accuracy, completeness and correctness of the (descriptive) information (including the rates and availability) displayed on our website. Our website does not constitute and should not be regarded as a recommendation or endorsement of (the quality, service level or rating of) any hotel or conference venue made available.
By using our website you can make either provisional meeting room/accommodation bookings or receive instant meeting room.accommodation quotes. In both cases these are subject to confirmation of availability by the hotel or conference venue in question unless stated otherwise.
Our services are made available for personal and non-commercial use only. Therefore, you are not allowed to re-sell, deep-link, use, copy, monitor (e.g. spider, scrape), display, download or reproduce any content or information, software, products or services available on our website for any commercial or competitive activity or purpose.Payment
* A non-refundable deposit of 50% is required in order to secure your booking. The payment can be done by bank transfer, mpesa or in cash. Required details will be provided in a direct communication between client and conference.place.
* Bookings will only be confirmed when proof of payment is received. Please ensure that your name is put as the reference on deposit slips and Internet transfers. This deposit only guarantees availability for the date originally booked.
* Please note that this deposit will not be refunded should cancel your function.
* Should you need to postpone your conference, 50% of your initial deposit will be forfeited.
* The balance of the payment must be received 7 days prior to the conference date.
* Conference.place may accept another booking in place of yours should your deposit or final payment not be received before the specified dates.
* Final guest numbers, special menu requests and room allocations must be received a minimum of 7 days prior to your event.
* In the event that the booking or part thereof is cancelled within 14 days prior to the function a 100% cancellation fee will apply. Please note that prices are subject to change.
* There after all charges incurred during your function are to be settled in full on departure i.e. bar account, damages and incidentals. The package price per person remains the same even if the delegate does not want all of his/her meals etc. Partners/guests staying with conference delegates will be charged accordingly.
* Day visitors e.g. guest speakers, facilitators etc. must be included in your final delegate numbers. This also applies to people arriving to visit with conference delegates and possibly eat a meal with them.
* Please confirm in advance what equipment you will need as well as your seating requirements and daily agenda by completing a conference information sheet and faxing it to us no later than 14 days prior to your conference.
* All bank charges for negotiation of foreign payments are for the clients
Neither we nor any of our affiliated companies shall be liable for any punitive, special, indirect or consequential loss or damages, any loss of production, loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of contract, loss of or damage to goodwill or reputation, loss of claim, any inaccuracy relating to the (descriptive) information (including rates, availability and ratings) of the hotel or conference venue as made available on our website, the services rendered or the products offered by the hotel or conference venue, (iv) any (direct, indirect, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, pursuant to, arising out of or in connection with the use, inability to use or delay of our website, or for any (personal) injury, death, property damage, or other (direct, indirect, special, consequential or punitive) damages, losses or costs suffered, incurred or paid by you, whether due to (legal) acts, errors, breaches, (gross) negligence, willful misconduct, omissions, non-performance, misrepresentations, tort or strict liability by or (wholly or partly) attributable to the hotel (its employees, directors, officers, agents, representatives or affiliated companies), including any (partial) cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure or any other event beyond our control.
These terms and conditions and the provision of our services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Kenyan law and any dispute arising out of these general terms and conditions and our services shall exclusively be submitted to the competent courts in Nairobi, the Republic of Kenya.